You’ve just flown thousands of miles to meet with an potential new client. You were certain that you packed several sample management reports in your briefcase, but looking now, you don’t see any of them. You quickly call the office to see if one of your employees can email the report to you, but there is no answer, as you realize that the office closed several hours ago.
Maybe you’ve been going home later and later each day, as you wait yet again for the IT person to fix your crashing servers for the fifth time that week.
Your employee calls customer support for help with an issue only to be told that your software needs to be upgraded before they can provide support.
If any of these scenarios sound familiar to you, you may be ready to move your software to the cloud. Here are some of the reasons why moving to the cloud may be beneficial for your property management office:
- Increased flexibility. Remember the report example mentioned earlier? Having your software deployed via the cloud will allow you (and your employees) to access reports, move-in details, move-outs, and other information at your convenience – from anywhere with an internet connection.
- A reduction in hardware costs. Moving your software to the cloud can significantly reduce or eliminate the need for costly hardware systems.
- A reduction in IT costs. Remember those late nights waiting for IT to fix your computers? By reducing your hardware costs, you’re also reducing your IT costs as well, enabling you to funnel those costs into other more important areas of your property management business.
- Automatic software updates. You’ll never be using anything other than the most current version of the software, as the software vendor is responsible for any product updates and enhancements.
- Increased security for your files. Yes, your filing cabinets have locks, but there are also keys to those cabinets in your office. Cloud-based accounting applications typically offer better than bank level encryption, ensuring that any documents transmitted via the software product are secure.
- Moving to the cloud is environmentally friendly. For those looking to reduce their carbon footprint significantly, a move to the cloud may be in order. Instead of running servers all night long, cloud systems increase only when additional functionality is needed, going a long way towards reducing energy use in your office.
If flexibility, reduced costs, and a smaller carbon footprint are important to you, cloud computing may be the solution for your property management office.